Name: Men’s Rogaine
Price: $44.30 (3 Months supply)
Cheapest Place to Buy: Amazon.com
Guarantee: 120-Days Money Back Guarantee
My Rating: 8.5 Out of 10
What is Rogaine? (Product Description)
Rogaine is brand name for minoxidil, which used to treat hair loss in men and women. Rogaine is the only topical treatment that approved by FDA for hair loss. Rogaine available in 2 type of concentration, 2% and 5% extra strong. The 2% and 5% concentration available for both men and women.
How it works?
Minoxidil initially researched to treat lower blood pressure. They noticed in the studies, that the side effects of using minoxidil is excessive hair growth. Soon, topical solution to treat hair loss was created and the clinical studies began in 1978. Few years later, FDA officially approved minoxidil to treat hair loss and it was marketed under the name of Rogaine.
How exactly rogaine works to treat hair loss is still unknown but it probably widen the blood vessel of hair follicles, thus helping it to function properly and stimulate hair growth.
Will it Help with hair Loss?
Will it work? This is a quite common question asked by all of us before trying a new product or service. The good thing about Rogaine is that it is backed up by multi clinical studies. The ultimate reason why it is the only topical solution approved by FDA for hair loss is due to the fact that it had shown promising results in clinical trials. One of the clinical trial is study on Minoxidil 5% vs 2% vs placebo:
A study on Minoxidil 5% versus minoxidil 2% versus placebo for treatment of androgenetic alopecia in men
This is a randomized clinical study on the effectiveness of Minoxidil 5% vs Minoxidil 2% vs placebo. Over 393 man (age 18-49) with AGA(androgenetic alopecia) had participated in this study and were separated into three groups, Minoxidil 5%, minoxidil 2% and placebo solution. They were asked to apply the solution 2 times daily targeting hair thinning area , at morning and night. The results after 48 were evaluated and Minoxidil 5% had the best results, followed by minoxidil 2% and placebo in terms of total nonvellus hair count from baseline, scalp coverage rating by investigator, treatment benefit and scalp coverage rating by patient. Minoxidil 5% have shown to improve patient quality of life and global benefit. There side effect reported such as scalp irritation and scalp redness are mild and no any adverse side effects reported.
How to Apply Minoxidil
Follow the instructions given by doctor or as written in the product packaging label for proper application of rogaine. Rogaine should be applied to affected area twice daily. You should only apply the recommended amount, applying more or longer does not help to speed up hair growth and can cause dangerous side effects.
Rogaine Minoxidil Solution
1. Make sure you hair, scalp and hand is dry before applying minoxidil solution.
2. Use dropper provided to accurately apply 1ml of minoxidil beginning from the center of affected area.
3. Wash off your hands after applying minoxidil, to avoid transferring it to other parts of body because it can cause unwanted hair growth.
4. Do not take shower or rinse your hair before 4 hours of applying minoxidil.
5. Let the Minoxidil dry because it can drip and stain your clothes, pillow or cap.
1. Pull open the Minoxidil container by matching the arrow in the cap with the arrow on the can ring.
2. Part your hair to expose thinning area clearly to ease application of minoxidil.
3. Next, hold the can upside down and press the nozzle pointing to your palm to put minoxidil half a capful of foam on to your hand.
4. Now, apply the foam to the affected area.
5. Gently message the affected area to ensure that the foam penetrate through scalp.
6. Wash your hand to to avoid transferring minoxidil to other parts of body.
7. Try to ensure the surrounding temperature is low, because otherwise the foam will turn to liquid and dry very quickly.
How long it takes to see results?
For both foam and solution, it may take up to 4 months to see any kind of results with application of twice daily because hair grow rate is quite slow, about 1/2 mm a day.
But, after 6 months you should able to see results. If you didn’t see any improvement within a year, please consult your doctor. The Treatment maybe is not be working for you.
Is it worth your money?
There are many hair loss products in the market, but most of it are not proven to be effective for hair loss, rather being more of a ‘snake oil’. However, Rogaine is arguably one of the best hair loss products in the market yet it is inexpensive and affordable compared to other hair loss products in the market. So, Rogaine offers good value for money. The only downside is that it need to be used continuously because it is not a cure for hair loss and you will lose what ever have gained once you stop the treatment. So, it is not a one time investment.
Side Effects of Rogaine
Any drug that you use will more likely to cause side effects, Rogaine is no exception eventhough it is a topical treatment.
Side effects with rogaine are not common, and most of the times are less serious. Some of the most common side effects reported with usage of rogaine are:
- itchy scalp or skin rash
- Acne at area of application
- Increased facial hair growth
- Burning sensation at scalp
- Inflammation at hair root
- Irregular heart beat
- Chest paint
- Swelling of face, hand, or feet
- Numbing of face, hand or feet
- Rapid weight gain
The serious side effects is mostly due to high absorption of minoxidil. Seek for for medical attention as soon as you experience any of the side effects that occurs due to the usage of minoxidil.
Although there are few side effects associated with Rogaine, chances of you experiencing any serious side effects are less likely. In comparison to other hair loss products in the market, Rogaine is one of the safest because in multiple clinical studies, the percentage of user that had reported side effects with usage of Rogaine twice daily are relatively low.
- If you happen to missed a dose of Rogaine, try to apply as soon as possible. However if you are nearing the next dose, skip the missed dose and maintain your regular dosing schedule.
- Do not use Rogaine on any area of body other than scalp because Rogaine can absorb into heart and blood stream causing serious side effects.
- If you accidently swallow this medicine, seek for doctor’s attention immediately.
- Do not use rogaine made for other gender. Women should not use 5% rogaine formulated only for men.
- Rogaine is for external use only.
- Do not use rogaine if your hair loss is sudden or patchy or if you are not sure the reason for your hair loss.
- Do not use rogaine if you are under the age of 18.
- Avoid using Rogaine if your scalp is red, inflamed, painful, infected and irritated.
- When using Rogaine, avoid any other topical product on scalp, unless or otherwise advised by your doctor.
- When apply Rogaine, avoid contact with eye, nose and mouth. Wash with huge amount of water if you come in contact with this medicine, and get medical attention immediately.
How to store Rogaine?
Rogaine must be stored in a closed container at room temperature and keep it away from moisture, heat and direct light. Do not expose Rogaine to fire or flame because it is highly flammable. Also, keep it out of the reach of children.
Pros and cons
- Easy to Apply
- Approved by FDA
- Minimal side effects with usage of this product
- Can stop hair loss and potentially regrow hair
- Results can be seen in short time, within 4 months
- Effectiveness backed by multiple clinical studies.
- routine usage is needed
- Not effective to everyone
- Side effects can occur
What to expect
You need continuous usage of this product twice daily for up to 4 months before you can see any results eventhough for some, results may appear within 2 months of usage.
If you experience an increase in hair loss when using this product initially, don’t panic. The mistake that some people does when they come across this problem, is simply freak out and stop taking this medicine altogether. It is very common to experience hair shed up to two weeks into treatment because Rogaine will push out the all the weak hair and new thicker hair will grow in it’s place
Rogaine are so confident their product will deliver results that they are offering 120-day money back guarantee. if you are not satisfied with the final result after continues usage as per directed.
If you are still skeptical about this product, this could be a tremendous offer to try this product risk free and you could no go wrong.
Rogaine is without a doubt one of the best hair loss treatment product in the market today. No wonder it is the top selling product when it comes to hair loss.
This product is backed by many studies and have many satisfied customer who continue to use it. Although there are some side effects that can occur with Rogaine, but the benefits of this product clearly outweight the disadvantage.
The only way to know whether this product works for you or not is try it. If it works for you just like it does to many others, it can stop or at least slow your hair loss rate dramatically with continued usage. Eventhough using this product in the long run seems like an expensive investment, it could very well be worth it.